Friday, June 19, 2020

A Surname Table- A Fun Genealogy Project and/or Great Organizational Tool


Recently, I came upon this video on YouTube of how to make a Surname Table:





For some reason,, the video shows on my end but sometimes not when people open this post so heres the link-
https://youtu.be/qI_RsAmtEAM

It really made me want to make my own- not only for a genealogy project, but to really visualize what surnames I have what "blank spaces" I need to research.

Here's Mine: 




As you can see, I have a LOT of blank spaces in my 4th Great-grandparents section. This is a great visualization of what I need to work on! 

If you're interested in making your own Surname Table, I highly suggest watching the video-- it gets complicated in the 3rd and 4th GGP sections on where to put the names but just take your time and have fun with it! :)

6 comments:

  1. Strohmayer? I have a few Strohmaiers in the family! Going to try to put one of these together. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this necessary, because I'm totally list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, of course it's not necessary, but it's a fun little project for sure 😀

      Delete
    2. As a visual person, I think it's a great idea. It's good to print the list out for you to see the 'holes' that need to be worked on and to also refer to the the surnames of the parents of each person. Great tip and thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  3. I don't miss ancestors until the 7th Generation (due to inbreeding), so I can't really imagine why one would make the effort to do make a table like this. A visual representation of the ancestors in a fan-schaped chart would give the same result.

    30

    30

    60

    93.8

    93.8

    93.8

    93.8

    1724

    1802

    ReplyDelete