This post is a couple days late, I was working on a different project Saturday night.
Most genealogy fans know Randy Seaver's Genea-Musing's blog and his Saturday Night Fun challenges- here's the one from this last Saturday:
1. Check out Pauleen Cass's blog post Crazy Month of May 2020 Meme: Pandemic Experiences.
2) Let's do the first 10 of the prompts and save the last 11 for next week.
3) Tell us about your own pandemic experience in your own blog post, in a comment to this blog post, or in a post on Facebook. Be sure to leave a link to your work as a Comment to this post and also on Pauleen's post.
You can read Randy's answer to this challenge Here.
1. What are you most grateful for during this Covid-19 crisis?
If I were being honest, it would have to be the unemployment benefits my husband is receiving. He is furloughed from his job at Mesa Airlines. If we weren't getting the unemployment, I don't know what we would do and that scares me!
2. What have you missed most during the full or partial lock-down?
I'll admit it- I'm not a very social person. I'm an introvert 100%, but I do enjoy doing the activities with my children. My son Jack is 8 and he loves school. I enjoyed that for him. My daughter Chloe is 3 and she had gymnastics weekly. I loved taking her and watching her expel all that energy! I miss taking them to the park and to the play place. It's hard for them to be "home-bodies".
3. Has your hobby sustained you during this time?
I wouldn't say it sustained me because I'm a stay-at-home mom anyways. I do have a little bit more time to work on genealogy because my husband is home from work, but he is also very busy with projects around the house.
4. What changes have you seen in your life over May 2020?
I fell last week so a lot more pain than normal (I suffer from chronic pain)...waiting for my dr's appointment Wednesday to get some more images on my knee. (I guess that would be June...but nothing really "different" happened in May)
5. Have you been exercising more or less?
Neither...I wanted to start exercising more, but again, I live with chronic pain and am very limited. (I have a total hip replacement, waiting on a shoulder replacement, a rod in my femur, and several pins throughout my body).
6. Has the refrigerator been your friend or foe?
Friend. My husband and I have been doing the keto diet and have been loosing weight. If you don't keep bad snacks, you don't eat bad snacks :)
7. Have you been participating in virtual gatherings with friends or family?
We "video chat" with family...but we did that before the pandemic because we don't live near family at all.
8. Have you taken up new hobbies during the lockdowns?
9. Are you cooking or gardening more?
Nope. I hate cooking and never had a green thumb. My genealogy and family keep me plenty busy.
10. Have you shopped more or less? Online or offline?
Eh, my husband has bought things off of Amazon quite a bit-- mainly for his projects he's been working on- but we've always been a fan of Amazon- it's convenient.
Questions 11-21 Next week!