Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Wednesday's Portrait: R. Mendenhall Hardware Store


Today's Portrait:  R. Mendenhall's Hardware Store** 






**I got this picture from my mom and I'm not entirely sure if I have it "tagged" with the right person or not. I believe this store belonged to Marion Richard Mendenhall (1873-1948)- my 2nd great grandfather. 

In the 1900 U.S. Census Record, Marion or "Mac" owend a Hardware store in Allen, Darke, Ohio-- that's where this doesn't make sense. No census records show that he ever went by his middle name, Richard-- and Mac's store was in Allen Township, not West Newton. 

The time that this picture would have been taken does match the census record- this looks about the early 1900s.


~~If anyone knows about this picture, please leave a comment or send me a message @ Carriesmith11411@yahoo.com- with the Subject : 

"RMendenhall".

Thanks! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment