Saturday, December 13, 2014

Surname Saturday: Klefing



Today's Surname: Klefing

My 6th great grand aunt- Euphemia Jeckering (1711-1764) married Johann Klefing (1706-1750). They both were born, rasied and died in Germany. 

While researching this name, I'm interested to find if this name made it to the United States!!

Ancestry.com:

New York Passenger Lists: There were 3 names on this list- the name spelling varied: 

Name              Arrival Date        Birth Year      Departure        Ethnicity


Johanna Klefing  14 Oct 1935      1908           Bremen, Ger.      German

Julio Klefeng      03 Jan 1884      1863           Hamburg, Ger.    German

Heini Kelfeng     25 Jul 1891       1868           Hamburg, Ger.     German



Find a Grave:

I researched both the spellings that were on Ancestry.com:

Klefing: No Results

Klefeng: No Results


I thought there would at least be a couple!!!


I wasn't able to find much with this surname, unfortunately...


No comments:

Post a Comment