Wednesday, December 7, 2016

The "We're Related" App

Since I just started blogging again and I've been using the We're Related app for a couple of weeks now, I have quite a few blog posts to make to catch up!

I LOVE the idea of the We're Related app by Ancestry.com (naturally). I found out about it through Randy Seaver (Genea-Musings) and love getting my daily updates (sometimes 2 of them!).

For those of you who don't know what the app is, if you're in the genealogy-world, I'm surprised. But either way, if you haven't heard of it, it's just an app on your smartphone that uses your Ancestry.com tree to connect you to celebrities (past & present). Some may just take it as it is- trust the work of Ancestry.com, but I take it with a grain of salt...I always check the facts and the people they suggest. I have found 2 so far that I just cannot connect or take as true... I'll explain when I blog about those 2 celebrities...


Here are my first 6 celebrities in the app:






#1

"Newt Gingrich"
Newton Leroy McPherson
Politician 
6th Cousin, 2x Removed
I'm related to Newt through my Mom's side of the tree (Mendenhall)





#2: 

"Marilyn Monroe"
Norma Jeane Mortenson
or 
Norma Jeane Baker
Actress
b. 01 Jun 1926 in Los Angeles County, California 
d. 05 Jun 1962 in Los Angeles County, California
8th Cousin, 1x Removed
I'm related to Marilyn on my Mom's side (Mendenhall).




#3: 

"Johnny Depp"
John Christopher Depp II
Actor
9th Cousin
I'm related to Johnny on my Mom's side (Mendenhall).




#4: 

"President Barack Obama"
Barack Hussein Obama
44th President of the United States of America
6th Cousin, 1x Removed
I'm related to Barack on my Mom's side (Mendenhall).




#5:

"Bill Clinton"
William Jefferson Clinton
42nd President of the United States of America
6th Cousin, 5x Removed
I'm related to Bill on my Mom's side (Mendenhall).







#6: 

"Miley Ray Cyrus"
Destiny Hope Cyrus
Actress/ Musician
7th Cousin, 1x Removed
I'm related to Miley on my Mom's side (Mendenhall) through Jesse Johnson (1745-1777)







No comments:

Post a Comment