Friday, December 9, 2016

"We're Related" App: Week of November 28-December 4

"We're Related" App 
Week of November 22-27


"Katharine Hepburn"
Katharine Houghton Hepburn
Actress
b. 12 May 1907 in Connecticut
d. 29 Jun 2003 in Connecticut 
My 7th Cousin, 3x Removed
I'm related to Katharine through my Mom's side (Mendenhall)



"Franklin Pierce"
14th President of the United States of America
b. 23 Nov 1804 in New Hampshire
d. 08 Oct 1869 in New Hampshire
My 3rd Cousin, 8x Removed
I'm related to Fraknlin through my Mom's side (Mendenhall)




"Reese Witherspoon"
Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon
Actress
My 9th Cousin
I'm related to Reese through my Mom's side (Mendenhall)




***"Jimmy Carter"****
James Earl Carter Jr.
39th President of the United States of America
Ancestry.com suggests that Jimmy Carter is my 8th Cousin, 2x Removed and would be related to me through a common ancestor (William Hickman (1638-1683)) on my Mom's side (Mendenhall); HOWEVER, the information they provided in the app didn't make any sense and I couldn't find the connection doing my own research, so for now, it's a NO. 





"Julia Roberts"
Julia Fiona Roberts
Actress 
My 8th Cousin, 1x Removed
I'm related to Julia through my Mom's side (Mendenhall)

This one is fun because Julia Robert's has famous relatives, one of which is her niece- Emma Roberts, one of my favorite actresses- my 9th Cousin.





"Janis Joplin"
Janis Lyn Joplin
Singer
b. 19 Jan 1943 in Texas
d. 05 Oct 1970 in California 
My 8th Cousin, 2x Removed
I'm related to Janis through my Mom's side (Mendenhall)

This one is also interesting to me because I found out both of  Janis' parents- Seth Ward Joplin & Dorothy Bonita East lived and died in Prescott, Arizona. They were buried in Mountain View Cemetery in Prescott. This is interesting to me because I grew up in Prescott, such a small town!



"George Clinton"
George Washington Clinton
4th Vice President of the United States of America &
1st Governor of New York
b. 18 Oct 1778 in New York
d. 27 Mar 1813 in New York
My 3rd Cousin, 9x Removed
I'm related to George through my Mom's side (Mendenhall)



"Tom Hanks"
Thomas Jeffrey Hanks
Actor
My 8th Cousin, 2x Removed
I'm related to Tom through my Mom's side (Mendenhall)



No comments:

Post a Comment