Thursday, March 19, 2020

Thomas Tracy- a Common Ancestor


Introduction:

Before it was discontinued, I really enjoyed playing around with Ancestry's We're Related app. I think there was a lot of speculation with this app- whether or not the famous ancestors it said you were related to were actually true. I had the app for I think close to 2 years (maybe) and I tried to prove every single celebrity that We're Related threw at me. I can definitely say that more than 50% of the people it gave me, I couldn't really for sure say- yes, I'm related to this person. However, there were quite a few that I did prove to be legit, and that's fun!

Through this app, I found Thomas Tracy, my 10th great grandfather on my mother's paternal side. He was one of the common ancestors that presented several celebrity cousins and some fun surprise connections with friends.

Thomas Tracy was born on 07 Nov 1610 in Gloucestershire, England to the son of Paul Tracy (1556-1626) & Anne Shakerly (1563-1615). He immigrated to America and settled in Norwich, Connecticut. Thomas was married to Marthe Bourne. I saw somewhere he had more than one spouse, but I only have the one in my tree, because that's who I'm related to. I haven't expanded it.

Thomas and Martha had 4 children in my tree that had descendants that I know of or know personally- Mary (1633-1671), Jonathan (1646-1704), Miriam (1648-1732) and Solomon (1651-1732).



Cousins Found through Thomas Tracy





















































  Frank Morgan (Left) & Ralph Morgan (Right)-- Frank was the Wizard in The Wizard of Oz


















No comments:

Post a Comment