Sunday, September 22, 2024

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun Response- Were Your Parents Related to Each Other?

Happy Sunday! Welcome to another Saturday night genealogy question from Genea-musings-- here is the original post to refer to: Read here. 

Last Night's question was: 

Were Your Parents Related to Each Other?
Do your paternal and maternal lines have any surnames in common? Are they related or is there no known connection? Are there possible connections? 


This one is interesting for sure because the world is a big one-- but a small one at that. If you've been doing genealogy for a long time, you may find that your parents are distantly related.

Here's Mine: 

~Biological Father and Mother: I didn't find a connection between my parents-- mainly because my father's paternal side is very German and then his mother's side is from the Netherlands and other places. My mother's side is very English. 

~My mom and her second husband, my step-father, however, I did find a connection. My step-dad is actually my 10th cousin, 1x removed-- which makes him my mom's husband and 9th cousin.








Please comment and share this post via Twitter, Facebook, or any other social media. If you have any questions or personal comments, please feel free to reach out to me via email: Carriesmith11411@yahoo.com. 

Copyright (c) 2024, Carrie Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment