Thursday, October 16, 2014

Another New Grave Found!


Happy Thursday Evening!

I am very excited to say that I have found yet another important grave!  It is the grave(s) of my 3rd great grandparents- 

Stanislaw "Stanley" Ellert (1849-1930) &
Pauline (ULN) (1853-1937) 

(Both were born in Russia)

They're buried in:
 Holy Cross Cemetery in San Diego, Ca
4470 Hilltop Drive
Plot: St. Paul, Lot 567




I found this grave on Findagrave.com. I didn't find this grave sooner because I didn't think of another name that Stanislaw could have gone under...Stanley- DUH! Once I figured this out, I not only found the grave, but some census records as well. 

This makes a lot of sense why he would have changed his name to a more "American" name. My 3rd great grandfather- Gerhard Jeckering (1829-1898) also did this when he moved to America from Germany- he went by George. 


How I'm related to Stanley and Pauline Ellert: 

Carrie Jeckering Smith (Me)
My parents
Paul George Jeckering & Dorothy Jean Hendricks
Gerhard Cletus Jeckering & Josephine Mary Dabuliewicz
Josef Dabuliewicz & Stephania Ellert
Stephania's parents were Stanley and Pauline Ellert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment