Sunday, October 12, 2014
Saturday Night Fun (On Sunday) :)
Saturday Night Genealogy Fun! (On Sunday)
I love participating in Randy's (Genea-Musings) Saturday Night Genealogy Fun activities. Last night's challenge was: What date was your Grandfather born?
Here was the challenge:
1) What day of the week was your grandfather born (either one)? Tell us how you found out.
2) What has happened in recorded history on your Grandfather's birth date? Tell us how you found out and list five events.
3) What famous people have been born on your Grandfather's birth date? Tell us how you found out and list five of them.
4) Put your responses in your own blog post, in a comment on this blog post, or in a status or comment on Facebook.
I chose my grandfather Paul George Jeckering (you can learn more about him Here)
1) Paul was born on 19 May 1925. He was born on a Tuesday.
2) There are several historical events on 19 May. I googled it and found a website: Historyorb.com:
~1635: France declares war on Spain
~1848: First department store opens
~1884: Ringling Brothers circus premieres
~1929: Cloudburst causes stampeded in Yankee Stadium, crushes 2 people to death
~1983: NASA launches Intelsat V satellite, no. 506
3) Famous people born on this day: (I just googled it: Famousbirthdays.com)
~Malcom X (1925-1965)- Religious Leader
~Ferdinand Magellan (1480-1521)- Explorer
~Andre the Giant (1946-1993)- Actor
~Brittani Kline (age 23)- Model
~Jodi Picoult (age 48)- Author
4) Done! :)