Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Sharing Memories (Week 1): Introduction



52 Weeks of Sharing Memories
A Challenge seen on: 




Introduction: 

A couple months ago, I started my version of the ever-so-popular 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks and I am having so much fun with it that I've been browsing other blogs for such fun ideas. This morning, I came upon The Olive Tree Genealogy’s Sharing Memories and love the concept!

I never really thought my stories and/or memories were important, but then I think- what if at least one of my ancestors had written a journal and it had survived all of these years and I was able to read it? As a genealogy and history fanatic, I would LOVE such a possession to be mine to read! It would be one of my most treasured items- to be able to read what they did on a day-to-day basis, what they went through, what heartaches and wonderful memories they had and shared with their family and friends!

We hear rumors of what our ancestors were like. I was told that my great grandfather was a very hard-headed individual who never smiled. What would his journal say about him?

I’ve always kept a journal- up until about a couple of years ago. I haven’t written in a long time but this project seems like a LOT of fun- especially if I could, one day, share it with my children, grandchildren, great grandchildren.

If you’re reading this and you love journaling, I encourage you to do the same in your blog or even in a book at home! J

No comments:

Post a Comment