Monday, November 7, 2022

Celebrity Cousin Profile- Aaron Carter (1987-2022)



The world was shocked by the death of rapper Aaron Carter on November 5. It really is a tragedy when someone dies so young. I have many celebrities in my family tree, but was surprised when I didn't have the Carter family there...so I decided to look into it-- see if we are distant cousins after all. And, of course I found the connection. 



This post will be about my relation to the recently deceased rapper and also how I came upon the relationship. 


Robert Gene Carter (1952-2017) and his wife Jane Elizabeth Spaulding had 5 children together- 

1. Nickolas Gene "Nick" (b. 1980)

2. Bobbie Jean Carter (b. 1982)

3. Leslie Barbara Carter (1986-2012) (died of a drug overdose)

4. Angel Carter (Twin) (b. 1987)

5. Aaron Charles Carter (twin) (1987-2022)


The Carter children are my 8th cousins, 2x removed on my mothers side.


Relationship to me: 





So, how did I find this relationship...and so quickly??

It was easy mainly because I already have an extensive tree built online. First, I googled "Nick Carter Family Tree". The first result comes up with a website called "Geneastar- Famous Genealogies". This site has a pretty good start of his family tree. If you click on "Full Tree", you can see several generations back. I looked at 2x great grandparent surnames and see if any of them matched in my tree- one that clicked was "Crippen". I had 3 names in my tree with that surname and one was a match (very distant). It was seriously that easy. Obviously, I now I have to go back and source-match my names and dates to see if everything is accurate and matches 100% but as of right now, I think it's a great start. 

How about you? Do you have the Carter family in your family tree? 




No comments:

Post a Comment