Friday, August 7, 2020

Knowing How Your Ancestors Died- Father's Side

 

I have been to several medical appointments where it's been asked how my grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc have died. Common reasons are because of how 'at risk' you are to having a condition or disease. This is why I think it's important to know how your ancestors died. This led me to wonder, how many of my direct ancestors have a 'cause of death' in my family tree? Let's take a look! 

Father's Side: 

Grandparents:


Great-Grandparents:


2nd Great-Grandparents:


3rd Great-Grandparents:



Obviously, it gets harder and harder to know cause of death the further you go back because most places didn't start producing death certificates until around 1910-ish. When I get more cash on hand, I plan on obtaining a lot of these death certificates for great-grandparents and 2nd great-grandparents to nail down what their cause of death was. Most of my 3rd great-grandparents just had their name on a state death index, no death certificate available.  




No comments:

Post a Comment