Sunday, July 20, 2014
Baby Name Wizard
On Nov 12, 2012, Randy from Genea-Musings posted a Saturday Night Fun challenge- Baby Name Wizard so I thought I'd try that to kill some boredom!
Here is the challenge:
1) Go to the Baby Name Wizard site and see how popular your name was over the 20th century, and how popular a baby name it is today. Check out your spouse, your children and your grandchildren (if you have some!) also.
2) What does your name mean (find out on http://www.babynamewizard.com/baby-name)?
3) Tell us about it, and show us your graphs, in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, in a Facebook status or on Google+ Stream post.
1) Carrie: (Related names- Cari, Kari, Karrie, Carey, Carie, Carmela, Carri, Cary and Carys.
According to babycenter.com, Carrie is ranked #265 in 2014.
At it's peak, Carrie was #20 in 1880.
My husband James "Jim": (Related names- Jacques, Jamie, Jameson, Jamie, Jim, Jimmy)
According to babycenter.com, James is ranked #11 in 2014.
James has been #1 several times- especailly between 1940 and 1952.
My son Jack: (Related names- Jackie, Jackson, Jake, Jax, John, Jacky).
According to babycenter.com, Jack is ranked #10 in 2014.
The last few years has been "Jack"s peak-- going as low as #3 in 2006.
2) Carrie means- Originally a short form of names such as Caroline, Carolyn and Carol. Carrie is now often used as an independent name.
James means- "He who Supplants" - Hebrew origin.
Jack means- Jack is short for John. The nickname became so popularized it became a name in it's own right.