Thank you Randy from Genea-Musings once again for a fun challenge! J This is tonight’s “Saturday Night Genealogy Fun” challenge that Randy posted: Your Father's Mother's Patrilineal Line.
The Challenge was as follows:
1) What was your father's mother's name?
2) What is your father's mother's patrilineal line? That is, her father's father's father's ... back to the most distant male ancestor in that line?
3) Can you identify male sibling(s) of your father's mother, and any living male descendants from those male sibling(s)? If so, you have a candidate to do a Y-DNA test on that patrilineal line. If not, you may have to find male siblings, and their descendants, of the next generation back, or even further.
4) Tell us about it in your own blog post, or in a comment on this post, or in a Facebook or Google Plus post.
1) My father’s mother was: Dorothy Jean Hendricks
b. 09 Jun 1926 Jeffersonville, Indiana
2) Dorothy’s patrilineal line is as follows:
~Isaac Hendricks Jr. (1883-1942), married Myrtle May Hyman (1884-1953)
~Isaac Hendricks (1843- ?), married Mary Bostick (1849- ?)
~Samuel McCormack Hendricks (1807-1856), married Elizabeth Sarles (1818-1889)
~Daniel Hendricks (1776-1846), married Nancy McGuire (1780-1823)
~Abram Hendricks (1750-1819), married Ann Jamison (1753-1834)
~Johannes Willem Hendricks (1705-1789), married Sarah Messier (1702-1782)
~Willem Hendrickson (1671-1711), married Willemptje Thys Van Pelt (1677-1729)
~Hendrick Daniel Hendrickson (1636-1677), married Jane Luitgirt (1640-1680)
(Hendrick is the one who immigrated from Arnhem, Netherlands)
3) My grandmother Dorothy had 3 brothers-
Harry Oliver Hendricks (1903-1971) -- Harry married Lucille M. Hanen (1901-1974) on 01 Aug 1931. I don’t know if they ever had children.
Charles Woodrow Hendricks (1917-1973) – Charles married a woman named Virginia and had two children- Beverly Ann and John. With another wife (unknown), he had another daughter- Patricia.
Melvin Clifford Hendricks (1922-2002) – Melvin married Grace E. (1923-2001) on 20 Nov 1948. I don’t know if they ever had children.