Monday, November 3, 2014

Mappy Monday- Bethel, Ohio



My 6th great grandfather- Joseph Mendenhall (1770-1883) moved to Bethel, Miami, Ohio between 1810 and 1820. By the 1820 U.S. Census, he was living in Miami, Ohio. On 03 Jan 1831, he owned 80 acres "West of the Greater Miami", Ohio. 

Bethel, Miami, Ohio



Bethel Township has a webpage- (Bethel Township) and I thought I'd share the first thing you see on their main page- I found it amusing! 

Trick or Treat

Beggar's night will be Thursday October 30th from 6-8pm


Oh goodness, they call Halloween "Beggar's night"?? And it's not even on Halloween?? Why on a Thursday?? LOL

ANYWAYS- back to the town-- 

Bethel Township is located in Miami County, Ohio and was established in 1807. During the 2000 Census, there were 4,927 people living there.

The township is known for it being the home of the ancestors of Wilbur and Orville Wright- the brothers who developed the first successful airplane.  

Wouldn't it be neat to find out that those brother's are your ancestors? :) 

I couldn't find a lot to do with the town itself- no real interesting places to visit- depending on how my research goes with the cemetery search next week, I dont know if it's even worth visiting in the future! 


No comments:

Post a Comment