Saturday, November 15, 2014

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun- Collecting



It's Saturday! Time for another Saturday Night Genealogy Fun challenge from Genea-Musings! 

Tonight's challenge is: What Did You Collect as a Youth?


The challenge is: 
1) Most of us collect dead ancestors and relatives now- what did you collect when you were a child or a teenager?

I've had several collections-- when I was really young, I loved to collect stickers- I had a large binder that I kept them in. I started collecting them from doctor's offices and then from the roller skating rink. 
When I was a teenager, I started collecting coins and Lurlene McDaniel books. I don't have any of the books anymore-- they were destroyed while being stored in a closet.
I also started collecting movie trading cards- I had over 500 of them at one point- but the only ones I still have is my all-time favorite "kid" movie- The Goonies. 

Now, it's all about Genealogy for me! :)




1 comment:

  1. I did stamps for a while mostly because it was expected in the family.

    ReplyDelete