Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Mountain View Cemetery in Athol, Idaho

Good Morning! I haven't written a post in a week or so because I have been visiting family out of town! I am still away, but I visited this quaint Cemetery about 5 minutes from my in-laws in Athol, Idaho and I thought I'd share! 

So, originally I ventured to this Cemetery because there were 17 photo requests on Findagrave.com and since I had some free time this morning, I figured it was a good opportunity to adventure over there. 


The Cemetery is right off of a main road, a fast 60 mph road and then turns right and onto a dirt road. It's also a very small Cemetery (compared to others I've been to).

The dirt road to the Cemetery is gated, hours are 8am-4pm.

Dirt Road to Cemetery  (hyperlapse video I took of the road to the Cemetery) 


The view from the Cemetery is beautiful! It definitely earns the name Mountain View. 



I was disappointed because out of all 17 names, I didn't find one grave that I was looking for! AND I searched the ENTIRE cemetery.

One thing to to note is that this area is not maintained. There's no office to speak to someone and doesn't look like anyone takes care of the grounds. The whole cemetery is quite small and has an area to drive around most of it. Findagrave.com says there's a little over 300 graves.

Here are some interesting ones I thought I'd take pictures of- 




As you can see, many of the graves Intook pictures of were decorated in a very personalized manner with stuffed animals, shoes, clothing, trinkets, etc. 


No comments:

Post a Comment