Thursday, June 18, 2020

Military Letter for Myron Andrew French


A couple of years ago, my aunt sent me this page that belonged to my great-grandmother's second husband- 


Transcription below 





This document belonged to Corporal Myron Andrew French (1894-1964). I don't know much about him except that he was the son of Alonzo French (1869-1933) & Lucretia Alice Ward (1871-1930). He married my great-grandmother Ruby Mae French sometime after 1972. He was first married to Gailen G. Jett (1898-1923) whom he had 2 daughters with.

I am so perplexed when it comes to this document because I have no idea what it means! 
If anyone can help- please comment or email me Carriesmith11411@yahoo.com

Thanks!! 


One of two pictures that I have of Myron & Ruby



Transcription of the document: 

March 14, 1943(or 5) (damn smudge)

Mr. Dick French
Ione, Washington

Dear Mr. French:

    Your letter of February 21, addressed to 
our Consul at Seattle, Washington, concerning
your device which will positively annul and
render ineffective, the ignition system of any
internal combustion engine within a fifteen
mile radius, has been reffered to this office 
for reply. 
    In reply, I wish to inform you that your 
device is very interesting to this office, and 
we wonder if you can furnish some detailed infor-
mation together with designs and specifications 
direct to thisoffice, so that we can form a 
definite opinon about the merits.
    Your interest is highly appreciated.
                Very truly yours,
                FOR THE OFFICE OF THE 
                 MILITARY ATTACHE

PH:MU            Sin-ju Pu Hsiao, Major
                    Asst. Military Attache




No comments:

Post a Comment