Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Sharing Memories (Week 3): Winter Vacations


52 Weeks of Sharing Memories
A Challenge seen on:
The Olive Tree Genealogy


This prompt is kind of difficult to write about because when I was younger, we never went on any vacations, let alone winter vacations... so, I'm going to write about recent/future winter vacation(s) instead. 

I grew up in Arizona, but in 2010, I moved to California with my boyfriend (now, husband). There have been a couple holidays so far where I couldn't go home for the holidays so we had to stay in California, away from the snow :( Yes, it does snow in Arizona...shocking, I know. People always get surprised when I mention this.

Last year, my husband and I moved our little family out to Fort Collins, Colorado. So now, our winter vacations will most likely include either staying home, going to Arizona or to California.

Last Christmas, we couldn't really afford to go to Arizona or California, since we had just made our big move, but we did go on a mini vacation with friends here in Colorado. We went up to Breckenridge, a small ski town in the mountains. Our friends own a cabin up there and we stay the weekend up there. It had been my first time in that super adorable tourist trap and I loved it! There was so much snow! So many interesting people! Great food! Great shops! 





If you've never been to Breckenridge, Colorado, I highly suggest it! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment