Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Sharing Memories- Week 4- Christmas Activities



52 Weeks of Sharing Memories
A Challenge seen on:
The Olive Tree Genealogy


Hello, happy Tuesday! Well, this week would technically be week 5, but since I skipped last week due to family in town, I'm just continuing on! 

Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. I love the snow, the family, the presents, the decorations and the tree but one of my favorite things is Christmas cookies.

Especially when I was younger, my mom, sister and I would make cookies. My mom would get some old records and melt them in the oven into the shape of a bowl. We always made the same kinds of cookies- 




No-bake chocolate oatmeal (my favorite!)




Meringue kisses



Ohio Buckeyes

Sugar 



Chocolate chip



We would arrange the cookies onto the melted record plate, put a piece of plastic wrap over it and hand them out to friends and neighbors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment