Monday, August 18, 2014

Ancestry.com DNA!



The Results are in! 

I am so excited to have been able to do the Ancestry.com DNA test! I've been wanting to do this for a long time. 

So,  I got the test in the mail on July 31- took the test the same day and sent it out in the mail the next day- August 1~


18 days later, I received my results- very happy with the timing! 

So, here are my results~ (not very surprising, which is good)

~1% South Asia
~98% Europe- 
   37% Great Britain
   28% Europe West- Germany & France
   17% Europe East- Ukraine, Poland, Romania
   8% Finland/NW Russia
~4% Scandinavia
~2% Ireland
~1% European Jewish
~1% Italy/Greece
~Less than 1% West Asia- Caucasus 


Like I said, I'm very happy with my results because I've done SO much research and these results are pretty much what I expected. 

I think I can break down where some of the results have come from by Surnames that I've researched:

Great Britain- 
                       ~Mendenhall- England 
                       ~Munn- England
                       ~Burt- England
                       ~Parsons- England
                       ~Baldwin- England 
                       ~Swift- England
                       ~Pearson- England
                       ~Hill- England
                       ~Croasdale- England
                       ~Beeson- England
                       ~Thornbrugh- England
                       ~Pennington- England
                       ~Grubb- England
                       ~Maris- England
                       ~Strode- England
                       ~Barnard- England
                       ~Pugh- Wales
                       ~Miles- Wales
                       ~Henderson- Scotland
                       ~Bruce- Scotland
                       ~Shipart- Scotland
Europe West- 
                       ~Horn- Germany
                       ~Hyman- Germany
                       ~Kime/Keim- Germany
                       ~Beams- Germany
                       ~Seaver- Germany
                       ~Ketteler- Germany
                       ~Altmann- Germany
                       ~Pierron- France
                       ~Thiebeaux- France
                       ~Grillot- France
                       ~Hendricks- Netherlands
Europe East- 
                       ~Dabuliewicz- Poland
Finland/Northwest Russia- 
                       ~Ellert- Russia
Ireland- 
                      ~Hamilton- Ireland
                      ~Haman- Ireland
                      ~Dixon- Ireland


I guess I'm not sure where the Scandinavian, Asian or the Italy/Greece genes are from. The European Jewish could be anyone of these. 



No comments:

Post a Comment